I have heard that though the files are deleted, they can be retrieved through some recovery software. What can be done to delete files forever?
What you have heard is true!
When files are deleted, the actual file contents are not deleted but they are just marked for deletion and not shown in the file system. Unless it is overwritten, they can be recovered using recovery tools. So when you delete confidential files, the usual windows delete method is not enough. This is true even if you empty the recycle bin or “shift” + delete to skip recycle bin.
Manual methods are not available to help you erase all your files forever. In such situation, Remo File Shredder can perform the job perfectly for you. It enables you to erase data including confidential files and trash files just in few clicks. Then you can make sure that no one will be able to restore the files at any time in future. Hence, this software helps to delete file beyond recovery.
Why choose Remo File Shredder?
- Erases files permanently from the computer: This software eliminates files, folders and deleted data from your hard drive in the safest way.
- Context Menu Integration: Helps to add files/folders to shredding zone. The option also offers “single click” shredding of files and folders.
- Inbuilt Scheduler: This option is used to schedule shredding process to run at a specified time. If you want certain files or folders to be shredded regularly at the specified time, then they can be added in the task list in the scheduler and also time and date can be specified so that those files/folders can be shredded at that particular time and date.
- Password Protected: Set password to protect the software from being misused by others, you can set the password so that you can restrict the number of users from accessing Remo File Shredder.
- Notifications and Reminders: Pop up notifications and reminders, when there is need to shred free disk space and recycle bin. This advanced feature helps to ensure protection from deleted data theft.
- Event log: Generates event log of the complete shredding process.
- Live updates: Automatic live update to keep the software up to date.
- Context sensitive help: Extremely easy to use, several on-screen instructions and context-sensitive help.
The quick transformation of technology has affected computers in a substantial extent. Imagine you are still using an Intel Pentium machine with Window 98 operating system. You will not get any software updates and you will be struggled to get away from virus attacks. If your hard disk is of size 20GB, it is definitely need to upgrade in order to cope with hardware changes in the industry.
Suppose you have decided to sell your computer with limited hardware capabilities for the purpose of purchasing a new one. Before selling it, you formatted all data on your hard disk to avoid the chance of misusing it by someone. Are you sure that nobody can access your hard disk data after formatting? If you think so, just calm up your mind and listen, it is still possible to retrieve data back even after formatting. A powerful data recovery software can undelete such files within few steps irrespective of whether it is formatted or partitioned. What you have to do in such a situation? Is it easy to find the solution for how to wipe computer before selling it?
It is desirable to completely delete files from computer before selling. It can be well explained using a scenario. Consider the computer you have sold contains some sensitive information such as bank passwords. Even though, you have deleted or formatted all data from your computer, the person who purchased that machine can still recover that data. If he/she is a crook person, unusual login activity will be detected on your bank accounts. If you are not lucky, you may lose your money also.
What is the solution for this? Is it really possible to delete data permanently? Yes, it is possible if you use a software known as Delete Forever. Using this software you can erase confidential folders and files permanently from your computer. This software make use of advanced shredding (complete file deletion) patterns.
Features of Delete Forever Software
- This software is available in free as well as in professional versions. Free version is intended for deleting files permanently from your computer while pro version is an advanced tool that erases a complete hard drive partition hence it completely prevents further recovery of data from it.
- The permanent deletion of files from Recycle Bin is possible by using this software.
- This tool is well applicable for the complete removal of files from storage devices such as internal and external hard disks, flash memory cards, USB flash drives, etc.
- Customized scheduler is available for scheduling the permanent deletion of files at a particular time period.
- This software gives the right answer to the question, ‘how to wipe computer before selling?’ using its efficient shredding patterns that are recommended by various government and low enforcement agencies.
- Shredding process by using this software is quite fast activity. In this software, you can batch different files together and perform shredding by drag and drop.
Steps for Wipe out your Computer Completely
- Download and install Delete Forever software on your Windows computer. It may only take a nominal disk space of 50 MB for installation. Windows operating systems such as Windows 2003, Windows 2008, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 are the compatible operating systems for the installation of this tool.
- After launching this tool, you can see four options namely ‘Erase File/Folder’, ’Erase Recycle Bin’, ’Erase Drive Free Space’ and ’Erase Hard Drive/Partition’. You have to select the fourth option to wipe all data from computer.
- From the next screen, you have to select a shredding method. Medium or high intensity shredding patterns are required to wipe complete files from your computer, select a high intensity shredding pattern and click on ‘Proceed’ button.
- Wiping will starts now.