Recycle Bin act as the temporary storage that stores deleted files and folders from hard drive. Generally, the size of Recycle Bin is from the range of 7 to 10% of the hard drive, which is also configurable. Windows operating system creates a hidden folder which is called “Recycler”. This helps to keep track of the deleted files and folders with the attributes like name, size and the location of the file. Whenever the user deletes a file using deleted key, it will occupy the space in Recycle Bin.
Every file that is deleted from the drive using normal delete option, the user can browse the Recycle Bin to restore it back, so in case if the user deletes an important file by mistake then he can always restore it back to the original location. But there may also be instances where the user deletes a file using combination of Shift and Delete keys in such cases the files will bypass the Recycle Bin therefore user will not be able to restore the files easily, similarly in case of deletion of files from pen drives, memory cards and other removable devices, the deleted files will not get stored in the Recycle Bin. We will discuss on the possible causes the lead to deletion of files from Recycle Bin before knowing more about Recycle Bin Recovery.
Different ways that leads to the deletion of files from Recycle Bin?
As discussed earlier, by deleting a file normally from hard drive, It is not permanently deleted instead the file will be redirected to the Recycle Bin, this allows the user to restore the file whenever they want it back. So, what actually happened after deletion? Actually file is not erased, the address location of the file is deleted which makes it invisible on the drive. But there are situation where the file will even get deleted from Recycle Bin, Some of the common situations are described below:
- Deliberate action: User might delete a particular file from Recycle Bin thinking that it is less relevant.
- Emptying Recycle Bin: In order to free disk space user might empty the Recycle Bin without checking the importance of the files stored in it.
- Exceeds limit: When the Recycle Bin reaches its maximum size limit, while performing further deletion of files from hard drive, it will push out the older files stored inside the Recycle Bin.
- Usage of Shift-Delete keys: In case a user deletes a file by using “Shift + Delete”, the files will bypass the Recycle Bin.
- Deleting large files: As you know the Recycle Bin capacity is 7 to 10% of the hard drive, if the deleted file size exceeds the capacity of Recycle Bin then it will not be redirected to Recycle Bin folder.
- Deleting files from removable drives: Recycle Bin will not hold the files that are deleted from removable storage devices.
Do the files get permanently deleted?
Emptying or deleting the files from Recycle Bin is not going to erase the files from hard drive. By deleting files from Recycle Bin, it will erase the file name from table of contents. The files will be there in the form of RAW data. But the action will create free space to store new files. Hence the files can be recovered unless it is overwritten with new data.
Recover Recycle Bin
The files that are deleted or emptied from Recycle Bin can be recovered easily using Recover Recycle Bin software. It is one among the best recovery tool that helps to retrieve Recycle Bin files and folders that are deleted intentionally or unintentionally. Recover Recycle Bin has the potential to identify and retrieve various types of files in various file formats.
Features of Recover Recycle Bin tool
- It scans the entire hard drive to restore deleted files from Recycle Bin using the advanced scanning techniques incorporated with this tool
- Recover Recycle Bin comes with an extremely simple graphical user interface; user doesn’t require any prior experience to use this tool to retrieve deleted files from Recycle Bin.
- The application is compatible to work with different versions of Windows operating system like Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, etc.
- Demo version of Recover Recycle Bin facilitates the user to view the recovered files from Recycle Bin, this feature helps the user to test the efficiency of this tool in recovering deleted folders and files from Recycle Bin.